Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Abstract submission is now closed.
Abstract Submission Guidelines: Oral Presentation
Ten minutes are scheduled for oral presentations (10 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions and discussion). Please note if there is more than one presenter the maximum presentation time allowed is still ten minutes. All oral presentations will be in person at the NUI Galway campus on 16th June.
Accepted Oral Presenters must register before 1st June 2022 to be included in the programme.
Please forward your presentation before 5pm Tuesday 14th June to email@example.com
Presentation Equipment: The following equipment will be provided in each venue: PC with Microsoft Powerpoint, linked to a digital data projector.
Please note we cannot print any materials on the day, so if you have any handouts please bring printed material with you.
Abstract Submission Guidelines: Poster Presentation
Accepted Poster Presenters must register before 1st June 2022 to be included in the programme.
- Layout & Equipment Posters should be presented in A0 size, portrait i.e. 841 x 1189 mm (33 X 47 inches).
- Presentations should be laminated.
- Each poster presentation will be allocated a self-standing display board. There is no additional room for extra displays or equipment.
- The display board will be covered in felt and Velcro stickers will be provided for attaching posters. Please do not use any other kind of adhesive.
- Posters should be hung between 08.15 and 08.45 hrs on 16th June. All authors are requested to put up their posters during this time frame.
- Each poster will be allocated one board. Each board will be clearly marked with the title of the poster to which it is allocated. Presenters should only use the board allocated to their poster.
- Displaying and removing posters is the responsibility of the presenter(s) i.e. at the commencement and end of the conference.
- As part of the Poster Presentation you will need to be available during break times to share information and answer queries. Please see conference schedule, www.nuigalway.ie/hpconference
Conference Booklet 2022 will be available from 7th June.
Please note that the HPRC principles of funding do not allow us to work with, or for, the tobacco, alcohol or arms industries, gambling or pharma. Partnerships or sponsorship will not be considered appropriate where there is a fundamental mismatch of goals and objectives with those of the HPRC. This extends to the funding of activity presented at our annual Health Promotion conference.
If your work has been funded by any of these industries, please do not submit an abstract as it will be rejected.